Today I am delighted to Welcome Isabella Louise Anderson to my blog
1. Hello Isabella – Thank you for taking part in this q and a. Would you like to start by introducing yourself to my readers…? Hey, everyone! Well, I’m a married woman who’s the author of two novels and has a short story in a Christmas anthology. I own and operate the website, Chick Lit Goddess, where I post about fellow-authors, something I love to do. When I’m not reading a good book or writing, I enjoy spending time with my husband, drinking margaritas and snacking on chips and queso!
2. Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop, can you tell us a bit about it? Deciding to participate in NaNoWriMo again, I just knew I had to start writing, and as a panster, there was no direction in mind. Having my USWeekly Magazine next to me, that had Khole Kardashian-Odom and Lamar on the cover (I loved them together), was great inspiration. With the desire to have always wanted to own a flower shop, I combined the two.
3. How did you go about doing the research for the Cards from Khloe’s flower shop? I bought books several books on flowers, along with looking at Pinterest for ideas on how to arrange the perfect bouquet!
4. Who are your favorite Authors? And what genre of books do you enjoy reading? I love reading romance books of all kind, but my love for contemporary romance holds a special place in my heart. I have so many “favorite” authors that it’d be impossible to name them all, but I’d go with Hilary Grossman, Jennifer Probst and Becky Marshall Monson as my top three authors who I love!
5. What is the best thing about being a writer? I love putting my imagination to use! Whether my books are based on myself and/or something that has/hasn’t happened to me, I enjoy coming up with certain situations on what I would/wouldn’t do or how things would be different.
6. Where is your Favorite writing place? I don’t have one right now, but am in the process to fixing up my office in our new home. Finding the “right” desk is quite tricky.
7. And finally – have you started writing your next book? Any clues as to what it maybe about? The novella I’m working on it about a woman who is an assistant to a celebrity who is in need of a stand-in date for her appearances. What the actress doesn’t know is the assistant hires the man who tortured her in high school. What will happen when everything is exposed, including that the man didn’t mean to torture her, that it was his way of liking her?
Published by Chick Lit Goddess on January 15, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Chick Lit, Women’s Fiction
As the owner of a successful florist shop, Khloe Harper trusts her instincts. She has a strong bond with her family and friends, but after being betrayed by her last love, she’s kept herself at arms’ length from romance. When dashing entertainment attorney Derek Thomas walks into her store, Khloe’s interest is piqued. What at first seems like a business relationship quickly turns into romance, and Derek slowly plucks away the petals she’s been hiding behind. Just as Khloe lets down her guard, she discovers that Derek may not be worthy of her love after all.
Frumpy Connie Albright has a faux fascination with an imaginary man named Walt, thinking that by sending herself flowers from him she’ll feel less out-of-place with the “mean girls” she works with. When she comes face to face with her possible prince charming and thinking she might have a happy ending, when a truth is revealed, she wonders if she’ll ever have a Cinderella story.
A recently widowed senior, Gabby Lewis, isn’t ready to give up on love—which means releasing herself from survivor’s guilt and taking a chance on finding happiness and companionship again. After signing up for an online dating site for senior citizens, much to her surprise, she’s matched with Harry, an energetic and loving man, who quickly eases himself into her heart. Will Gabby take the leap of falling in love again, knowing it’s possible to have two loves of her life?
As each woman’s story develops through flowers and cards sent from Khloe’s shop during the Fall months, they begin to learn that love can only truly blossom when you trust your heart.
About isabella Louise Anderson
Isabella grew up with a book in her hand, and to this day nothing has changed. She focuses her time on featuring other writers on her blog, Chick Lit Goddess, along with organizing Goddess Book Tours, and is a member of the Romance Writers of America.
She lives in Dallas with her husband, enjoys spicy Mexican food, margaritas, gin on the rocks (with a splash of lime). She loves spending time with family and friends and cheering on the Texas Rangers. Not only is Isabella an author, she’s also a Scentsy consultant and hoarder.
Isabella is the author of The Right Design and Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop. Her short story, “Meet Me Under the Mistletoe,” was featured in Simon & Fig’s Christmas anthology, Merry & Bright. She’s currently working on another book.